Wednesday, July 05, 2006

First week of July

Haven't posted in a while. Needless to say, I've been quite busy. Julie was here this weekdend and it wasn an eventful one. Saturday was July 1, of course. The significance of that date for me is twofold. First, it means I am moving home in less than a month. It's pretty exciting to turn the calendar page and see the date you've circled as an important date on the page. I'm ready to be home for good. Of course, the date has other significance, as well. I don't just have the 30th circled as the day I go home. I also have the 25th and 26th circled for the bar exam. Seeing those circles on the calendar is not so exciting. Rather, I feel a sense of dread. There is no way I'm going to learn it all before then. But I have no choice. Those days are coming like a freight train whether I like it or not!

We celebrated Julie's birthday over several days. Sunday night we went out to eat at the Melting Pot, Monday we watched fireworks on campus and yesterday we went out to Lake Santa fe with a bunch of people from church. That was after the free birthday lunch and more presents at Chick Fil A. Julie ended her birthday with her favorite activity by playing with some three foot sparklers someone brought to the lake. It was a good Independence Day and I think Julie would say it was a good birthday.

Of course, despite my protestations, she drove back to Miami today. Something about work and hiring teachers. I wasn't really paying attention as tried to get her to stay. But the fact of her leaving today also has its own significance. This is the last time she will be leaving Gainesville without me. (I know....awwwww....go get a tissue if you must.) I've got three weeks left before the bar exam. She'll be meeting me in Tampa and coming to Gainesville to help me pack and leave. Though we will have to drive to Miami in separate vehicles, we will be leaving together and closing another chapter in our lives.

No comments: