Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Scrambled Eggs

I told you yesterday my mind is muddled. Well even I'm not sure the extent I've mushed things up in the old noggin.

Remember those cheesy commercials from the 80's that showed an egg and said "this is your brain" then showed an egg frying in a skillet and said "this is your brain on drugs"? Well, I think they should show one at orientation at law schools. It would start out like the old drug commercial. But after showing the egg, the next seen would be a shot of a mixing bowl with hand vigorously beating some eggs with stuff flying everywhere and the voieover would say "this is your brain on the bar exam."

Recent Examples:
This morning as I was leaving the house, I discovered I had not locked the door or the deadblt before I went to bed last night. The really sad part is that is the second time that has happened in a week.
Also, while trying to leave the house this morning, I had to get out of the car, unlock the front door and retrieve something that I had forgotten. Not once but twice. The really sad part is that the object I retrievd on the second return trip into the house had been on my mind as I headed back into the house the first time, yet it still slipped my mind as I was trying to remember which key unlocks the front door.
Last week I called my mother and asked if they had returned home from a trip to Albuquerque. They had been back at least a week. It's not that we had not talked during that time. The sad part is I had talked to my mother that week, but I simply thought the phone call where she told me she was in Albuquerque had just happened a couple of days prior.

I have a feeling that the final scene of the law school PSA I proposed would be a pan full of dried out, burned scrambled eggs with the voiceover stating "this is your brain after the bar exam." But since I have not experienced yet, I'll reserve judgment. Who knows, it could even be worse than I imagine.

No comments: