Wednesday, July 12, 2006

No more pencils, no more books...

Well, not quite. But I did have my LAST final exam today. Pretty straightforward, no real curve balls. Which is good. I would like to go out on a high note. But this morning, I was so over it, I just wanted to pass. But I feel OK about it. We'll see in a few weeks I guess.

This will probably make me sound old, but times sure have changed. There were two exam rooms, one for people handwriting the exam and one for people typing their exams on their latops. I was in the handwritten room. Let's just say there was more than enough room. Over half the class was in the other room. Even I spent the last half of the semester typing my notes during class just to save the extra time my normal routine of taking written notes then typing them later. But I think today was good exercise for me. I wrote 20 pages of material. Hopefully that will keep me sharp for the essay portion of the bar exam.

But there is no rest for the weary. I'm going to decompress for a little bit, then it is right back to the bar exam. Time for the final push. The exam is two weeks from yesterday, so I have just under two weeks left. Then I have to finish a paper before this program is officially over. THEN I get to rest...after jury duty which is after a family wedding which is after I move. So I guess life never really stops, huh?

Life may not stop, but it is certainly going to be different. I still haven't figured out how to handle the no school thing. It's just part of my blood. And now that I am about to be done, Julie's about to start up. She needs to start working on her Master's in education. Will there EVER be a time when one of us is not in school? Between all the degrees and letters we are going to have, one might think we are a pretty smart couple. But I'm no so sure about that. If we were smart, we wouldn't be spending so much time in school and we'd spend more time together. I'm hoping her Master's program will be a little less intense than the J.D./L.L.M. since she won't be full time.

Oh well, the Merry Go Round just keeps on spinning and we just keep trying to grab that brass ring. Might as well enjoy the ride.

No comments: