Monday, July 24, 2006

'Twas the night before...

Well, it's here. I'm in Tampa for the bar exam. Hard to believe it is already here. I drove down yesterday afternoon and it rained on me off and on the whole way. I hope that is not a prophetic metaphor for how the next two days are going to go. The time has gone by really fast. I did my first set of practice questions back on June 6 and I was listening to lectures before that. Somehow it is already July 24th. I tell you what, Christmas never comes this fast. I am just praying I don't end up with a lump of coal tomorrow.

But it is here and there is nothing else I can do. I just have to take what comes, do my best and hope it turns out well. My mind is about ready to burst. When it does, it is going to be like a broken dam and all kinds of information is going to come tumbling out. When it does, I just hope it all comes out at the right time and in the right order. And for good measure, I hope the right bucket of water is up there in the first place.

This process has been easier because of all my family and friends. There have been so many words of encouragement and expressions of confidence in my ability. I am grateful for the positive attitudes. At this point, I as afraid of letting them down as I am myself.

But now it is bed time. I was feeling a little giddy earlier. I love Christas and can never sleep on Christmas Eve. Julie just said, "tomorrow's not Christmas....you have to sleep tonight." She's right and I hope I can. (By the way...it just occurred to me...how ironic that today is the 24th and the exam is on the 25th.) So I am going to go now and get some shut eye so I can get this thing over with and hopefully get on with my life.

No comments: