Friday, July 21, 2006

Too tired for a creative title

The bar exam continues to creep closer and closer. And frankly, I don't care anymore. I don't care what the difference between and executed license and an easement is. I don't care what the difference between the Priviliges and Immunities Clause of Article IV and the Privileges and Immunities clause of the 14th Amendment is. I don't care if you are a licensee or a business invitee. Just leave me alone. (Sorry for all the legal lingo...I don't care for it any more than you do.)

The fact is, I am mentally exhausted. This is all consuming and it wears you down after a while. You get to the point where thinkgs are jsut swimming in your head and you hope it will come tumbling out in ther right order during the exam. The funny thing is, I've heard people say you just don't understand it until you've been through it yourself. I scoffed at the notion, but I'll be right there with them from now on saying the same thing. I am convinced that the bar exam is jut a form of legalized hazing. It's all just part of the process to become part of the fraternity. [To the Board of Bar Examniers: I'm just kidding. I understand that the bar exam is for the protection of the fine citizens of the state of Florida so they don't get screwed by unscrupulous people who don't know what they are doing. ;)]

Even though I have been consumed with the bar exam, I am still conscious of the fact that my time in Gainesville is quicly coming to a close. As I've said before, there are many things about this town and time in my life that I am going to miss.

One of the things I am going to miss is this beautiful girl:

She has been wandering around my neighborhood most of the time I've lived here. I'm pretty sure she "belongs" to a house a few doors down. But the guy hardly takes care of her. I'm pretty sure she is a pit bull, or at least a mix with some pit bull. I was cautious of her at first becuase of that, but she is very friendly and well mannered. I began giving here treats when I would come home. I would see her for a few days, then whe would disappear and then reappear at her time and choosing. My landlord does not allow pets, so my cat Emma was not allowed to come with me, even though we had planned on her staying with me. So this is the closest thing I've had to having a pet this year. I have enjoyed it. I am going to miss "my puppy."

No comments: