Sunday, June 25, 2006

Where to live next?

After this week, I am wondering if I should move to Dallas. Why should I move to Dallas? Because the Miami Heat won the NBA championship. Do I dislike the Heat so much that their title requires me to move? No. I was rooting against them, but that's not the exact reason I should move.

Since I moved to Miami, the Florida Marlins and Miami Heat have both won professional championships. Furthermore, I spend a year in Gainesville, and the Gators go and win the NCAA basketball tournament. I'm starting to think that my presence has something to do with a team's success. So I think maybe I should go to Dallas so the Cowboys can win the Super Bowl again. Or better yet, I should go to Los Angeles because the Dodgers have gone a lot longer without a championship than the Cowboys.

Of course, cynics and skeptics will point out that in that same time span, the Miami Hurricanes lost the Fiesta Bowl and have been unsuccessful in two trips to the Collge World Series. So it's just a theory. I'm still working on it. But if you want your team to win, just tell me where to go, help me find a job and pay for my move, and you'll be rewarded in no time.

No comments: