Friday, February 01, 2008

Time Flies

I just read this and was reminded that today is the 5th anniversary of the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster. First, let me say, may God bless the families of those brave astronauts who continue to grieve over the loss of loved ones. I know all too well that you never get over losing someone, you only learn to accept it and move on, always holding on to the memories.

As I read the article, I couldn't help but think, "Has it really been five years?" That tragedy occured during the second semester of my first year of law school. That means we are coming up on our sixth anniversary here in Miami. It is hard to believe that much time has gone by. I can still vividly remember waking up early on that Saturday morning and turning on the TV only to be stunned by the news of the loss of Columbia as if it were yesterday. Later that day, I drove to campus for a little while and listened to the coverage all the way to and from school. Needless to say, I think most of America was captivated and frozen by the images on TV of the debris streaking the sky.

Time does move past you pretty quickly if you don't pay attention. So I hope everyone will take a minute to appreciate this day and this moment for the precious gift they are.

No comments: