Monday, March 26, 2007

Final Four

Well, the Final Four is set, and I must do a little bragging. I am in second place in my Facebook group (don't ask about my other brackets) thanks to going 4/4 in picking this year's Final Four. I'm pretty sure that this is the first time I have ever nailed all four teams in the Final Four in a single bracket, and I have filled out many brackets in my time. Of course, that does not mean anything if I don't get the final two or the champ right. But I will bask in this glory for a few days at least. In case your wondering, I've got the Buckeyes beating the Gators in the championship game.

That is a very intriguing matchup. Stewart Mandel at CNNSI.COM had a great column talking about the Final Four subplot with the potential OSU/UF rematch in the final game.

Personally, I think OSU fans are scared to death of the prospect of playing UF in the final. After the basketball team lost to UF in December and after the football team got destroyed in the Fiesta Bowl, I would imaging that Buckeyes everywhere are dreading a game with UF and are rooting for UCLA accordingly. As for that Fiesta Bowl, I must confess, even though I hated seeing UF win a football championship, there was a part of me that took pleasure in the beating OSU took. As any good Miami fan, there will always be a part of me that harbors some bitterness at the way the UM/OSU Fiesta Bowl went down back in 2003. So, for me at least, even though I can't stand the Gators, it was kind of cool to see OSU come into that game as prohibitive favorites and lose, much the way Miami did in the previous game. Kind of poetic justice.

Anyway, I don't really care who wins this weekend, except of course as it relates to my bracket, so I will pull for Ohio State, if for no other reason than my Buddy Adam may never come see us if UF beats OSU again.

No comments: