Friday, August 10, 2007

Celebration

After posting yesterday about the Dodgers' dismal performance, they came through with a win yesterday. Too bad they dug themselves a nice little hole that they will have a hard time escaping. I'm not hopeful for the playoffs just yet.

It's hard to get excited about preseason football, and no stock should be placed in what happens during the preseason, but it sure was nice to watch some football last night. It was really nice to see Tony Romo perform well in his two series. Hopefully he can shake off the playoff bobble and come back strong this year.

The real celebration is tonight. Julie and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on Tuesday. Of course, we celebrated by putting off our real celebration until tonight. We'll be going to Red Fish Grill tonight because Julie wanted to do something on the water. We found out about this place earlier this year when we were supposed to have a firm dinner there. But when the Senior Partner tried to make reservations, the place had been booked for a wedding reception. So we were eager to try it out. We will also exchange our gifts tonight. We have had fun buying each other the traditional gifts and it is always fun to see how creative we can be. I had a bit of a mental block this year and was not as creative as I like to be. I hope that Julie likes what I got her.

But don't fret, there are a few romantic bones in my body and I did not let Tuesday pass without any recognition of the significance of the day. I woke Julie up at 12:05 A.M. to say happy anniversary first. I then brought her chocolate from a chocolate shop we found out about earlier this year near my office. She's been asking me to go get chocolate and I waited until now to surprise her with some.

So I'll post later to talk about our gifts and our dinner.

No comments: