Thursday, November 23, 2006

Tidbits

Not much new to write about the last couple of weeks, but I don't want to get in the habit of not writing. So, here it is. Be glad you don't have to pay for this stuff.

Last week, we drove up to Orlando to see my cousin, his wife and their baby (though he's not much of a baby anymore). We were going to hang out and watch the Cowboys beat the Colts, but their schedule changed, so Julie and I ended up making a spur of the moment trip to Disneyworld. I don't suggest driving to Miami, spending 8 hours at Disneyworld, then trying to drive back to Miami in the same day. Makes for a very long day. But we did.

I had been to Disneyworld once before at the age of 13 (plus a couple of trips to Disneyland). It's a lot different than I remember it. For one thing, it is a lot smaller when you are an adult. And the rides don't seem as cool when you can easily spot the "magic." I guess that is why they have built some of the other parks...to keep the adults entertained. (What? You thought is was for the money?) I also have to wonder, if Disneyworld is the happiest place on earth, why did I hear so many kids crying? It's a fun place, but you take a small child, pump 'em full of sugar and take them around a park for 8 hours plus, you tend to have a few melt downs. But it was a fun day and I was glad to see my cousin.

This weekend, we drove south of Miami to Key West for Thanksgiving. It's almost midnight Thanksgiving day and I write this sitting beneath a palm tree in a sleeveless shirt listening to the breeze in the leaves. Aren't you jealous? Paradise sure has it's perks. We'll be here for a couple of days then head back to Miami.

This is one of the best football days in a while. The Cowboys easily won their game and UM finally won a game. Just might even go to a bowl game. It might be a completely meaningless game, but it will be a bowl game nonetheless. Probably won't save Larry Coker's job, but now he has a job for another month or so.

Since this is a pretty random post, I'll end it in the famous words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

No comments: